Sunday, July 1, 2018

The Mysteries of Maple Town Part 1

Another favorite show of mine was Unsolved Mysteries because I was always fascinated by mysteries and how they got solved.  The 1986 anime series Maple Town is a source of mystery for me because there are unanswered questions about the show's North American broadcast.  I hope in the course of doing this blog, we can solve these mysteries and answer these questions.

In my mind, there's four things that have been puzzling me in regards to Maple Town.  The first mystery that comes to mind.  It's this -

We did not get all 52 episodes broadcast here in the United States.  Why was this the case?

I have reason to believe that all 52 episodes may have been dubbed into English but never broadcast.  This happened when Saban dubbed the anime Grimm's Fairy Tale Classics into English but some episodes did not air on Nickelodeon for being too scary and too violent.  Some years ago on YouTube, someone contacted me and claimed to have watched the remaining English dubbed episodes on Canadian television.  These episodes did NOT have the Mrs. Maple segments that the earlier episodes have.  Unfortunately, this is a secondhand account so until some other Canadians out there can verify this, I'm not sure if this is true.

I have been attempting to contact two of the voice actors from the English dub - Rebecca Forstadt (Patty Rabbit) and Edie Mirman (Miss Deer).  I hoped to ask them some questions about Maple Town and maybe even confirm if they recorded dialogue for all 52 episodes.  Unfortunately, at the time of this writing, I am unable to reach them. 

If anyone out there has information, I'd appreciate hearing from you.  You can comment below or email me at mapletown(at)gmx(dot)com.

That's it for now.

Be sure to check out my blog about my comics series Sunnyville Stories and my webcomic Tiffany & Corey.  If you like this blog, be sure to buy me a Ko-Fi.

No comments:

Post a Comment